Monday, July 14, 2014

Home Making Monday: Pre Planning for Busy Seasons

I don't know if it is a blessing or a curse, but we are about to enter our busy season.  September starts the celebration season of our family.  To help things go smoothly I start planning now! Yep, July.



Things I start planning:

  • Budget and Savings
  • New things to add to our festivities
  • Projects I need to get done by Christmas 
  • Birthday Parties
  • Trips to visit relatives
  • Mark the Calendars for all the events
Why do I start planning so early?  So I don't forget things - like the kids letters from Santa (yep totally forgot to do them last year).  

I have been doing these for the kids since they were born.  I haven't been doing baby books, but I have been doing these letters.  And who knows it might turn into a scrapbook down the road.  It helps keep all those important things remembered.  You know first words, when the first potty was.  The first naughty word that was said -- July 10, 2014 by big one.  And the funny story that goes with it.  So those need to get started.  I will even write last years and put it with their others.  These letters come from Santa and although last year's won't have a post marked envelope it's okay.

So here is my list of planning needs:
  • Family Vacation (long weekend on Labor Day)
  • Dad's Birthday
  • Mark Calendar for Brother-In-Law's birthday (find out if I am making the cake)
  • Anniversary Date
  • Day out with Thomas the Tank?
  • 40th Birthday for Hubby
  • Halloween
  • Sister-In-Law's Birthday
  • Pumpkin Farm Plans (Georgetown, Milford and Little Miss wants to go to Grandma and Grandpa's!)
  • Sister's Birthday
  • Little Mr's Birthday 
  • Thanksgiving
  • North Pole Breakfast
  • Advent Activities (including visiting Santa and the Christmas Concert at Church)
  • Little Miss's Birthday
  • Warner Family Christmas
  • Brother's Birthday 
  • Nephew's Birthday
  • Father In Law's Birthday
  • Christmas Eve - Movie and PJ's
  • Christmas Day
  • New Year's Eve
I am probably forgetting something but it's okay.  I know it is anxiety provoking, BUT I LOVE IT!. And this is why I start planning in July!  It is quite a list - and to think we put all of that into 4 months!  Oh and this is just the family stuff not to mention all the stuff I have to get done for work.  
Good thing I get to review this thing of beauty.  That's your tease.  You have to be here October 28 to see if it is working, not working ... if I love it or if I hate it ... and where you can buy it.


I know I am not the only one out there who starts planning early.  Anyone want to share what you are up to this upcoming season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis