Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tell Me About It Tuesday: One Holiday at a Time - Child Please!


That is a beautiful Fall image.  As this quickly approaches Hubsy and I were talking about our busy season  and Christmas - specifically where we are going to move toys to set up the tree.

"Well, you are going to want to put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving."

UMMM ... NOVEMBER 1st is more like it.  I love Christmas, it just makes me happier.  When I am having a bad day (like today) I will play Christmas music to lift my spirits.

I said, "but of course! You are lucky that I don't put it up November 1st!"  Then he laid my most hated disliked phrase on me.  "One holiday at a time.  Give each one the respect it deserves."  He continued to explain that just because I am not a fan of Thanksgiving that it's important to others.

Listen I get it.  Thanksgiving is that day of the year that we all get together to be thankful for each other and all the things the year has brought us.  blah blah blah (and if you love Thanksgiving and all it brings and this offends you I am sorry)

I choose to be Thankful for what God has given me DAILY.  I try to live a life of Thanksgiving. So for me, and I know this is just me, Thanksgiving is just a day to get through to get to Christmas.
Oh believe me I am thankful for my family, I am thankful for all the things that God gives me.  I am THANKFUL I won't get the "It's not even Thanksgiving!" crap anymore.  (Sorry for my bluntness - but don't put your disdain for Christmas on me.)  I am thankful that I get to sit with my hubby on a Thursday and watch a day of football.  Even if it causes more arguments than fried or roasted turkey!

When you live a life of GRATITUDE you don't need a specific day to tell the people you love you are thankful for them.

Rant over.  :)  I am off to decorate the Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis