Thursday, October 1, 2015

Throwback Thursday


I am not sure I ever shared anything about the most amazing Grandma a girl could ask for. This is going to be a short post because I am feeling all emotional and don't feel like sobbing before starting my day!  hahaha

This is Grandma Lovrek (my Mom's mom). That is me. If I could have spent EVERYDAY, ALL DAY with her I would have. I still would.

This woman looked right at my sister and said .... "Just add him to the list of your next ex-husbands. That's what's gonna happen if you want to marry a rockstar."  As she was going on and one about marrying the latest musician she was in love with!

This is the woman that when I was 2 made sure that I got extra special goodbye's because I needed EVERYONE to say goodbye to me or I would have a meltdown. She was by far my all time favorite babysitter.

Since it is Breast Cancer Awareness month ... I am just going to say - cancer sucks. It steals the people you love. Grandma battled uterian cancer, that moved to all sorts of other parts of her body. Just when we thought we were in the clear it showed up again. She was the one person I hoped was going to meet my kids, and I know she will one day ... LONG LONG LONG from now.

I am surprised how much I still miss her and think of her 9 years later. She passed away on 9/15/2006. Thanks for watching over us Grandma! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Let us know what you think of what we are posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis